YRL provides a wide range of services to our member libraries between two departments. Stay informed about YRL, TRAC and broader library trends by signing up for:
- YRLpub: a listserv for member library staff to share ideas, resources, as well as receive information and updates from YRL staff.
- TRACsharing: a listserv for staff from all TRAC member libraries.
- Newsletters: Sign up to receive The Loop, a weekly newsletter with articles, lists, news, tips and tricks for public library staff, and STATS, the monthly newsletter highlighting statistics for popular eResources.
- Ordering, processing, cataloguing and delivery of library materials
- Reference and interlibrary loan services
- Special collections
YRL employs librarians to provide training and consulting to member library staff. Some of the services they offer include:
- Collection development, including assistance with evaluation, weeding, inventories, selection and planning
- Consultation, support and training for a variety of library management needs
- Integrated Library System (ILS) maintenance, support and training
- Development and maintenance of eResources
- Planning conferences and workshops
The Client Services Desktop and Network Administrators provide technology services. Libraries that choose to connect to the SuperNet via YRL are eligible for a range of services to augment the base services of the ILS software and online catalogue. These services include:
- Network/wireless hotspot connectivity
- Office 365
- Domain and website hosting
- Helpdesk services
- First level backup and disaster recovery services
- Hotspare equipment loan service
- Recommender services